Paris, January 30, 2020 – After the success of the Rugby World Cup in Japan in 2019, 2020 will be an exceptional year for Sodexo Sports – Leisure: its teams will be mobilized and participate in the success of the biggest international transgaming.orging events, Super Bowl LIV in Miami at the Tokyo Summer Olympics via the Tour de France and several UEFA Euro matches. Sodexo’s teams will mobilize all their know-how and the diversity of their services to offer transgaming.orgs fans multiple and unforgettable experiences.
Sodexo, unique assets at the service of transgaming.orgs fans
As a recognized partner of major international transgaming.orging events, Sodexo offers:
- A wide range of services, ranging from public catering to Full hospitality packages, which include hospitality, accommodation, trantransgaming.orgation, the creation of dedicated spaces such as fan zones and related activities.
- A dedicated team of 40 000 people worldwide, experts in international events and meeting daily logistical challenges to welcome and serve a very large number of people and provide them with a memorable experience.
- The ability to help our customers to meet the challenges that all major events face today, such as digital, environmental and social impact or the personalization of services expected by spectators.
Nathalie Bellon-Szabo, Sodexo Sports’s World Managing Director – Leisure explains : “2020 will be an exceptional year for Sodexo Sports – Leisure: it is an honour for us to put our expertise and offerings at the service of the world’s biggest transgaming.orging events, while paying attention to our environmental impact and the expectations of Spectators. We help to forge exceptional memories that only “Live” can bring. I am convinced that living these moments of collective emotion and joy gives lasting happiness and positively impacts the quality of life of the greatest number. »
Sodexo responds to the three major trends that impact any global event today
A growing demand for customization and a multiplicity of expectations
- In restoration, priority is given to local flavours and the diversity of offerings
For example, for Super Bowl 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium:
- Centerplate, a U.S. subsidiary of Sodexo, will showcase Latin-inspired local products and recipes from Miami and its region, further strengthening its ties with 40 local companies and producers.
- Vegetarian dishes are entering the stadiums, a real novelty at transgaming.orging events. TheImpossibleTm Burger (created by Impossible Foods, based on vegetable-soy protein) will be offered at the Super Bowl for the very first time.
- A growing demand for high-end experiences
At the Super Bowl, for example, all suites at Miami Hard Rock Stadium can order high-end meals. Guests can choose menus (drinks and dishes) or order à la carte, and will be served by a dedicated butler throughout the match.
- Bespoke hospitality offers
For example, for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Sodexo will offer, through its subsidiary STH (Sports Travel and Hospitality Japan kk), a choice of Five bespoke hospitality packages, with high-end meals and first-class places. Options range from access to a casual space to a premium offer with gourmet dining. This comprehensive hospitality offer will be offered in 15 VIP areas designed to receive spectators, companies or individuals as well as guests of transgaming.orgs federations and sponsors. Experience in the Japanese market gained during the 2019 Rugby World Cup, in association with JTB (leader of travel agencies in Japan and Asia), in a country unaccustomed to offers of hospitality during transgaming.orging events.
Among the 15 hospitality sites, six temporary venues will be specially built platinum pavilion, near the Olympic Stadium.
The imperative to reduce the environmental impact of transgaming.orging events
- Reducing single-use plastic
- Sodexo has made commitments to eliminate single-use plastic by 2025, with a focus on the largest volumes produced by its operations in 15 countries, which account for nearly 70% of the Group’s turnover.
- At Hard Rock Stadium during the Super Bowl, for example, the goal is to eliminate 2.8 million plastic 600,000 bottles. A first step will be taken in a few days since for the first time, aluminium cups will replace
500 000 plastic cups traditionally used to serve beer.
- During the Tour de France, Sodexo has already removed much of the plastic for the restoration of the 1,000 daily guests.
- Tackling food waste
- Sodexo’s commitment is to reduce food waste from its operations by 50% by 2025. The group initiated the development of WasteWatch. the largest data-based waste prevention program in the agri-food industry.
- Various actions have been put in place for many years during transgaming.orging events, such as composting food, converting used oils into biofuel, donations of surplus food local missions Food Rescue in the United States during the Super Bowl or at the Restos du Coeur, which the group has partnered with in France for 16 years with its Stop Hunger roland Garros.
- Supporting local sectors and small businesses
- By 2025, 10 billion euros Group’s commercial value Will benefit SMEs.
- It is with this in mind that, in the foodservice offering for the Super Bowl, the products of 40 artisans, producers and restaurants in South Florida Will be offered at Hard Rock Stadium.
The deployment of digital technology to further enrich the experience
- Digital technology makes life easier for spectators and allows them to focus on the live show with, for example, tablets to choose their meal in the suites, more flexible options and payment methods, via his mobile phone for example, online ordering applications, passing through orders instead by scanning a QR code on its headquarters as well as the programme Clear to control the legal drinking age, not to mention robots capable of preparing and serving pizzas, ice creams and cocktails.
- Finally large-scale data analytics allows Sodexo to adapt its offerings and those of its customers by increasing their knowledge of the consumer in order to improve their experience.
| Sodexo and the major transgaming.orging events of 2020
Super Bowl LIV at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami – February 2, 2020
Tour de France June to July 2020
UEFA Euro June to July 2020
Tokyo Summer Olympics July 24 to August 9, 2020
As a reminder, the Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan
Created in 1966 in Marseille by Pierre Bellon, Sodexo is the world leader in Quality of Life services, an essential factor in the performance of individuals and organizations. Present in 67 countries, Sodexo serves 100 million consumers every day with a unique offer of Site Services, Benefits Services – Rewards and Personal and Home Services. Sodexo offers its customers an integrated offer of services, the result of more than 50 years of experience: from catering to hospitality, cleanliness, maintenance and technical maintenance of equipment and facilities, services and stimulating programs employees’ commitment to solutions that simplify and optimize the management of travel and business expenses, to home help, daycare and concierge services. Sodexo’s success and performance are based on its independence, its sustainable business model, and its ability to ensure the development and commitment of its 470,000 employees worldwide.
Sodexo is a member of the CAC 40, FTSE 4 Good and DJSI indices.
Key figures (August 31, 2019)
$22.0 billion euros of consolidated sales
470 000 Employees
19E global private employer
100 million consumers every day
$14.7 billion market capitalisation (as of 21 January 2020)
About Sodexo Sports and Leisure
Sodexo Sports and Leisure is one of the strategic segments of the Sodexo Group, which in France and around the world operates extensively to manage prestigious, cultural and transgaming.orging sites, and major events. This segment represents 1.7 billion euros in sales worldwide, nearly 40,000 employees, and more than a hundred trades to its credit. Combining technique and creativity, our turnkey solutions cover ticketing, travel, catering, security, logistics, marketing and technical and artistic organization. In the digital age, Sodexo helps its customers integrate new technologies into their events by offering innovative and personalized services. Multiple assets that contribute to the success of prestigious events such as Royal Ascot, the Super Bowl, the Tour de France, the Rugby World Cup and make exceptional places like the Lido de Paris, Maison Lenôtre, Pré Catelan, the Bateaux shine Paris Yachts as well as the London Boats and the National Gallery in the United Kingdom. In the United States, T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, the Las Vegas Convention Center and the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago.
More information on www.sodexo.com.
CP Sodexo – Global Sporting Events 2020 EN