VfB Stuttgart played 1-1 draw at SV Darmstadt on the 17th match day of the 2nd Bundesliga. Here you can read about the meeting in LIVE-TICKER.
SV Darmstadt against VfB Stuttgart in LIVE-TICKER for reading
After an exciting, intense game, SV Darmstadt and VfB Stuttgart split 1-1. Initially, the guests were still too lacking in ideas to become dangerous to the opposing team and fell after a brainstorm from Herrmann, who quickly took a throw-in, which in turn led to 1-0 through Kempe. The compensation from Sosa just before the break was still deserved. In the second half, VfB took control more and more, had many good chances, but also a lot of bad luck in the end. Darmstadt fought for the point which is somewhat flattering for SVD.
Due to a draw, Darmstadt is in 12th place with 20 points after the first half of the season, VfB Stuttgart is in 3rd place, tied with HSV, which has better goal difference.
90. +. 6 | Finally!
90. +. 4 | Patric Pfeiffer has replaced Mehlem in the last few minutes.
90. +. 1 | VfB misses the lead again! Again, the strong Sosa reigns on the left and finds First in the back. The 24-year-old pulls to the left. Gonzalez misses the middle and the ball rolls just past the right post into the goal area.
90. | Five minutes are passed again.
89. | Now Mehlem hits the Ascacibar with an open sole on his foot when he empties it with relief. Ittrich is waiving a yellow card here, which would have been justified.
87. | Now, First is also warned after kicking Mehlem on the leather bench in a duel.
85. | Suddenly, the counter runs over the fresh and dynamic Berko. The new man places the ball on the right wing past Endo, who lets the opponent run. It's yellow for this tactical foul.
84. | The website looks flat, will only take this point over time.
81. | The last phase has begun. Hardly anything comes from Darmstadt, Stuttgart continues to run, wants away victory.
80. | Next shift: Paik goes, Erich Berko comes.
78. | Stuttgart is pushing for compensation, but Darmstadt is defending with everything they have! Gonzalez plays from the left into the penalty area, Castro lets the ball run through the legs of Ranger, who hits the right post from the back from eleven yards. The ball lands on Ascacibar, which targets the far corner, but now Höhn throws in occasionally, deflects the shot to the corner and celebrates for his rescue operation. Otherwise it would have fit well!
76. | In Darmstadt there is now also a change. Mathias Honsak comes for Skarke.
75. | Hamadi Al Ghaddioui introduces himself directly with the yellow card. The newly replaced tip wants to cut off a pass from the home side, but is late and climbed into the ball.
73. | Stuttgart can now increasingly move the game to the opposing team's half. Darmstadt can rarely free itself in the last few minutes. Now Castro is trying it in the distance, but the shoes are down in time and make sure to grab.
70. | For Gomez, the offside goal was the last action worth mentioning. For him, Hamadi Al Ghaddioui comes in.
67. | It's the fifth goal of the last four games that Gomez has been denied due to an offside position.
66. | The ball fits in the net, but the goal doesn't count! Sosa wins on the right wing and plays flat in the middle in the barrel of Gomez, who pushes the ball from a few yards past shoes across the line. The line manager has flagged up and that is the right decision. The Stuttgart tip was just outside.
65. | Nicolas Gonzalez comes to Wamangituka for the guests.
63. | Now it is Mehlem who checks Bredlow at a short distance. A cross from the right receives Mehlem seven meters in front of the gate, passes the Saunas and closes from a pointed angle. Bredlow deflects the shot into the short corner.
62. | A little more than an hour is played, the game picks up some pace again.
60. | Suddenly Darmstadt has the great opportunity to take another trip! Dursun plays a one-two with Skarke in the center circle before the latter passes the ball past Phillips. If he takes the ball poorly just before the penalty area, he loses speed and cannot finish clean afterwards. So Bredlow has no problems in the end.
58. | At the moment, the game is very torn: lots of fighting and lots of individual action, little playful items and little profit.
55. | Gomez gives away the huge opportunity to lead VfB! After a sloppy passing of shoes, Sosa conquers the ball to the left of the penalty area, but then rushes not to find the end, but crosses deliberately to Gomez. The former German international takes the ball and slams the play equipment from 15 meters above the box. He must make more of it!
53. | Castro wins shortly before the penalty area and simply looks for the end from 20 yards. His hanging flies about a meter above the correct angle.
50. | After a cross from Sosa, Ascacibar is shot in the middle of the field, but shoes can safely pair the attempt that hits the middle of the goal.
49. | Second half starts pretty rough. Now Wamangituka is on the ground after Stark has fully climbed on his left foot in midfield.
47. | Holland also looks yellow for its exaggerated jerseys.
46. | Stuttgart kicked off the second half. The ball is rolling!
Half time | It's bitter for Darmstadt. Just before the break, the home team catches the equalization. Due to the proportions of the game, a draw at the break was well deserved, but until Sosa's goal in the 45th minute the Darmstadt defense stood firm and offered the guests no room to develop. On the other hand, they put a needle or two through play without frills. The first good attack led directly to Kempe's opening goal. Dumic and Mehlem even had 2: 0 on their feet, but missed it, so it now goes with the 1: 1 break.
45. +. 1 | The teams went in the wardrobe!
45. | Tooooooor! SV Darmstadt – VFB STUTTGART 1: 1. Toscher: Sosa. Just before the break, guests are able to balance. Wamangituka strikes from the right into the penalty area where Gomez still jumps under the ball, but behind Castro is free and heads violently from close range on goal. Shoes can still pair their heads, but tie the knots at Sosa's feet, which yarn dry from seven feet down on the right.
42. | Darmstadt again: After a cross from Skarke on the left, Dursun starts in the middle to drop the ball but does not hit the ball. The slot machine slides into flour, which claims on the right side of the penalty area, but then cannot play the ball in the center. Bredlow cuts off the flat cross.
40. | Ascacibar pulls Kempe from his legs on the left side of the Darmstadt attack and sees the first yellow card for his sinister engagement.
39. | VfB plays a corner again and once again nothing comes around. Maybe Castro should just take a corner kick into the field. With Mario Gomez, among other things, not so blind header players are in the center of the guests.
36. | Stuttgart has more of the game, but the hosts have few good chances.
35. | Double chance for Darmstadt! Stark crosses the ball into the box from the penalty area to Dumic, who takes the ball and takes it off. Bredlow can only let the close shot flutter, but then boldly throws into Mehlem's margin from an acute angle, thus preventing the second goal.
32. | VfB still lacks the ideas of breaking the Darmstadt defense.
29. | Forester is again too much space in midfield and the left wing can pass from Gomez without restrictions from just over 20 meters. But his shot is too harmless. Shoes have no problem abusing this attempt.
27. | Maybe now over a corner. Castro briefly lists Förster and the ball lands on many stations to the right. Wamangituka moves on to the second post, where Endo can't win the air duel. Herrmann clears his head for throw-ins.
25. | Around 66 percent of ball possession does not help VfV if you are unable to create dangerous goals.
23. | On the other hand, Stuttgart hangs again. In the last three away games in the league, VfB stood behind and lost all three matches. There was nothing to win against HSV (1: 6), VfL Osnabrück (0: 1) and Sandhausen (0: 2).
21. | The outside team for the home team, which had barely made an offensive appearance until now.
20. | Tooooor SV DARMSTADT – VfB Stuttgart 1-0. Goal scorer: Kempe. After a bad pass from Badstuber into the side, Herrmann quickly switches and throws in from his own half of the field just behind the center line with thought speed. Mehlem directs the ball from the center straight into the barrel to Kempe, who leaves Phillips in the running duel and then crosses Bredlow from 15 yards to the left.
19. | On the other hand, Wamangituka tries a single action, moves from right to left in front of the box, breaks off and tries to find the way to the far corner from 20 meters to the right in front of the gate. The young striker turns completely and the ball goes high and far to the right.
17. | It is the first good confirmation from Darmstadt. After a pass from Herrman, Skarke lets the ball pass in front of the sixteen, Stark gets behind him and can get a shot to the right in the penalty area. His attempt passes the long post two meters to the left.
15. | A quarter has passed, and the home fan is still waiting for the team's first chance to score.
12. | Sosa has stolen away from the defense on the left wing and expects a long ball from Badstuber's own half. The advanced left back is clearly offside.
10. | Stuttgart captured the ball in the center line and then it moved quickly through Ascacibar and Gomez. The experienced VfB striker crosses again to Förster, who grabs a heart from 20 meters, but his shot was blocked again.
7. | Guests get up early, press up. So far, Darmstadt's game structure has largely consisted of long balls.
5. | Stuttgart is one of the initial stages. The Swabia favorite pushes the home team into their own half of the field early.
3. | First chance for VfB: After throwing from Castro to the left, Ascacibar gets the ball, which in turn passes the ball to Endo. Forester is served to the left with a pass into the penalty area. The 24-year-old pulls off after a short dribble, but his shot is blocked.
1. | Darmstadt is offended. Let's go!
Before You Begin | Patrick Ittrich is the referee for the game. The hamburger starts the game in minutes.
Before You Begin | Darmstadt ranks number 14 with 19 points according to the results of the 17th match day, but could still go up to the 11th with a home win and even up to the 10th with a Kanters victory.
Before You Begin | Let's have a look at the table. Due to a draw by HSV on SV Sandhausen (1-1), VfB has the chance to pass Hansabyen. Hamburg is currently 30 points ahead of the Stuttgart team (29). With victory, VfB would remain at a striking distance from fall champion Arminia Bielefeld who in Heidenheim did not get past 0-0 and was at the top with 34 points.
Before You Begin | Another VfB staff was appointed on Sunday. Claus Vogt is the new president of VfB. The 50-year-old entrepreneur was elected at an extraordinary meeting with 64.83 percent of all members.
Before You Begin | With the guests, Tim makes just one change compared to the win against 1. FC Nuremberg. Silas Wamangituka replaces Daniel Didavi on the offensive. The 20-year-old Congolese was replaced in 3: 1 against Didavi's club and managed to achieve the important temporary compensation with a penalty before Mario Gomez and Philipp Förster finally turned the game.
Before You Begin | Compared to 0: 0 against SV Wehen Wiesbaden, SVD coach Dimitrios Grammozis switched to two positions. The palace zone that flew red with SVWW will be replaced by Yannick Stark, and Tim Skarke will play on the right wing instead of Marcel Heller.
Darmstadt vs. SV Darmstadt VfB Stuttgart: the team lineup
- SV Darmstadt: Shoes – Herrmann, Dumic, Höhn, The Netherlands – Y. Stark, Paik – Starke, Kempe, Marvin Mehlem – Serd. Dursun
- VfB Stuttgart: Bredlow – P. Stenzel, Phillips, Saunas, Sosa – Endo – Ascacibar, Castro – Wamangituka, P. Förster – Gomez
Before You Begin | Opponents Darmstadt finished in 14th place on the table after a mixed season so far – just three points ahead of relegation rank 16. "Stuttgart has a very good squad, can actually change in any position without loss of quality. But this game also starts at 0-0 and we have special ones also showed at the start against HSV that we can cause problems for these teams, "said 98 coach Dimitrios Grammozis, but defeating.
Before You Begin | With the important 3: 1 victory of Stuttgart against 1. FC Nuremberg last weekend, the Swabians secured a third place in the table for the time being. Now it will be reloaded towards Darmstadt. "We have learned lessons from the past. We are trying to implement this, do it better and give it even more now. We need continuity, stability and consistency in our performance," VfB coach Tim Walter said.
Before You Begin | Welcome to the 2nd Bundesliga for the 17th match day between Darmstadt 98 and VfB Stuttgart.
Darmstadt – Stuttgart: when is the game going on?
The game starts at 20.30 at the Merck stadium at Böllenfalltor in Darmstadt. The referee of the match is Patrick Ittrich.
Darmstadt vs. SV Darmstadt VfB Stuttgart: The broadcast on TV and livestream
The only way to watch the game live is with the pay-TV station Sky Sport, The broadcast with commentator Klaus Veltman starts there from 1 p.m. Sky Sport Bundesliga 1 HD, For all mobile users, Sky offers a live stream with SkyGo, via SkyTicket non-Cloud-Can be there live with a day pass.
2. Bundesliga: today's table
|fourth||1. FC Heidenheim||17||24:17||7||27|
|sixth||FC Erzgebirge Aue||17||26:25||1||26|
|seventh||SpVgg Greuther Fürth||17||24:21||3||25|
|8.||SSV Jahn Regensburg||17||29:26||3||23|
|9.||SV Sandhausen||17||7:18 p.m.||1||23|
|13th||Hanover 96||17||8:28 p.m.||-8||20|
|14th||SV Darmstadt 98||16||5:22 p.m.||-5||19|
|15.||FC Sankt Pauli||17||9:23 p.m.||-2||18|
|16.||1. FC Nürnberg||17||24:34||-10||16|
|17.||SV Wehen Wiesbaden||17||8:35 p.m.||-15||14|
|18.||SG Dynamo Dresden||17||5:32 p.m.||-15||13|