Comillas suffered from qualifying for first round of Copa del Rey. He had to take down Barquereño, whose fans traveled en masse to Logroño. He did this in an agonizing penalty, in which mistakes were repeated and goalkeeper Arróniz was erected as great savior. They represent an entire city, although they are no less humble. Also, its stadium, the 82nd World Cup, despite having an acceptable capacity for the Third Division, does not meet the necessary conditions and will have to travel to Las Gaunas. So your rival, Villarreal will try to ensure that this mythical "objective in Las Gaunas" does not turn against him.
The entity was born in 2006, although It is the result of a division of AD Loyola. In the beginning, however, they kept a branch agreement with this club and only in 2008 they definitely decide to separate their ways. The Board of Directors has chosen Comillas as a name for the Pontifical University of Comillas, belonging to the Jesuits. Miguel Angel Dear, the club's sports director, leaves history behind and focuses on the present. He dares to make a bold bet, though he will only make it if his team makes history. Thus, he responded to the AS test of the new Copa del Rey.
Miguel Ángel Caro, in the AS test:
1. The new Copa del Rey is …
2. Who do you dream of facing in this new format?
For those in the area here: Atlético, Osasuna, Real Sociedad …
3. Which Spanish soccer player have you signed up for on your team?
None because we have no means of fighting them, but if it could be Messi, who am I going to sign.
4. Choose: Reach the Copa del Rey semifinals or climb this season.
5. Define your club in three words.
Football base and modest club.
6. Define the place your club represents in three words.
Joy and good people.
7. What does your team play?
Play to have the ball, to want to play soccer.
8. What is your best memory of Copa del Rey?
When the goalkeeper stopped the goalkeeper Arróniz (in the preliminary round) and all players jumped to the field to celebrate.
9. Eliminating the rival would be a feat, which is the biggest thing he remembers in football?
When we played a Spanish children's championship, but it was many years ago (laughs).
10. The new Copa del Rey invites you to dream, do you dare to challenge if you win the trophy?
If we win the World Cup, we invite the whole team on a cruise to go around the world.
El Comillas, in data
Full name: Comillas Club de Futebol.
Locality representing: Logroño (151.113 inhabitants).
Province: La Rioja.
First lap stadium: Las Gaunas (16,000 spectators).
Category: Group XVI of the Third Division.
Rival in the first round: Villarreal.