Thanks to six goals, Illueca managed to infiltrate the Copa del Rey last season. These were the many that separated him from Alcobendas, with which he tied for points in the last place of the second highest ranked of Third Division. Golaveraje was decisive for the Aragonese team, who had lost the possibility of going up against El Palo. Despite the initial disappointment, the club was able to make history over 80 years after its founding.
Stadium Papa Luna, one of the most picturesque of Zaragoza football, is ready to receive the A Coruña Sports. They also invoke the spirit of Mirandés. And the club has already prepared a video to encourage their players, in which they dream of repeating the achievements of the Madrid team. Among Iker Casillas raising Copa del Rey or Barcelona goals in the competition, Illueca enters, a team willing to give everything and dream, why not, to reach the top. If this happens, its vice president Carlos Navarro will remember a life. To succeed and travel 268 kilometers on foot. To do this, he undertook the AS test:
Because 7 years ago, a club as humble and as big as the @CDMirandes He starred in one of the most beautiful works of this competition.
The new format rewards modest football, authentic football, the illusion of whole people turning to their team. pic.twitter.com/fQRXIj0bJE
– C.F. Illueca (@CFIllueca) November 16, 2019
Carlos Navarro, in the AS test:
1. The new Copa del Rey is …
A different format that will undoubtedly increase modest football.
2. Who do you dream of facing in this new format?
Any of the big names: Real Madrid, Barcelona or Atletico Madrid.
3. Which Spanish soccer player have you signed up for on your team?
I would sign Messi.
4. Choose: Reach the Copa del Rey semifinals or climb this season.
Copa del Rey semifinals, as far as I could imagine.
5. Define your club in three words.
Humility, work and perseverance.
6. Define the place your club represents in three words.
Illusion, humility and sacrifice.
7. What does your team play?
We have a very good trainer who works with various systems.
8. What is your best memory of Copa del Rey?
The 2004 final when Zaragoza beat Real Madrid in Montjuic.
9. Eliminating the rival would be a feat, which is the biggest thing he remembers in football?
10. The new Copa del Rey invites you to dream, do you dare to challenge if you win the trophy?
Dare to go to Madrid on foot (laughs)
The Illueca, in data
Full name: Illueca Football Club.
Locality representing: Illueca (2,964 inhabitants).
Usual stage: Papa Luna.
Category: Third Division Group XVII.
Rival in the first round: Deportivo de A Coruña.